Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Nando & Erica in Town

My cousin Fernando and his wife Erica from Las Vegas were in town spendng a few days in Santa Monica. So we met up with them for dinner at Tim's favorite English restaurant, Ye Olde King's Head Tavern at 116 Santa Monica Blvd. It's a great place where you can get such delights as shepherd's pie, toad in a hole, brum fish cakes, and the best fish and chips in town. Plus they have alcoholic ciders on tap (my personal favorite is a "Snakebite" which is half beer, half cider).


Fernando and Erica stop for a photo at Santa Monica's 3rd Street Promenade. (03/01/06)

I was glad to hear from Fernando and Erica. It's been a few years. In fact, each of us had lost each other's contact info. But Nando and Erica were in Chicago recently to visit family, and he got my phone number from his grandmother (who is my mom's sister). We had a great time catching up with them.

No comments: