Saturday, March 04, 2006

Diamond is Forever

Last night our friend Jon and I went to House of Blues in Anaheim to see Super Diamond, which is, like, the best Neil Diamond tribute band ever. I had seen them a few times in the mid '90s, and just as it was then, Super Diamond didn't disappoint.

House of Blues, Anaheim. (02/2006)
House of Blues, Anaheim. (02/2006)

They covered many of my favorites (Girl You'll Be a Woman Soon, I Am I Said, Love on the Rocks, America), some of my not-so-favorites (Red Red Wine, Forever in Blue Jeans), Neil Diamond classics (Cracklin' Rosie, Sweet Caroline, Cherry Cherry, Shilo, Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show, etc.). In fact, there were only a couple of Neil Diamond hits that I could think of that they didn't sing (Solitary Man, I'm a Believer, Brooklyn Roads, etc.)

If you ever get a chance to check out Super Diamond, do.

No comments: