Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Not-So-Mighty Ducks ... Tonight at Least

When we were at the Arrowhead Pond for Stars on Ice a couple of weeks ago, we thought it would be fun to get tickets for a Mighty Ducks game. Even though we live just a few miles away, we had only been to a Ducks game once before against the New York Rangers. And the Ducks lost that night. And this night turned out to be no different. I guess we're bad luck charms.


Anaheim Mighty Ducks vs. the Edmonton Oilers. (01/25/06)

Actually it was kind of a bad night in a lot of ways. First off, we got kind of a late start and didn't have time to eat out at the place where we really wanted to go. So we had to settle for some not-so-good Chinese fast food. Then once we paid $5 parking, we realized we forgot the tickets. Rather than driving back home, we figured we would just buy new tickets (the tickets we forgot were only $8 a piece after the AAA discount, so it wasn't that much of a loss).


The Ducks lost this one. And I lost $20 on my bet with our Canadian rep. (01/25)

The night was going well for the Ducks in the first period. They even had a two-point lead at one point. But then one after another, the Ducks started getting all sorts of penalties. And the Oilers took full advantage of it (as would anyone). In the end the Oilers won with a three-point lead.

To top it off, I had a $20 bet with the Canadian rep for the company I work for, which I obviously lost. And I instigated the bet, too! Oh well. I think we'll stay away for a while and let the Ducks win a couple of games.

No comments: