Thursday, December 06, 2007

Dinner at the Caspian

As part of our company's annual rep symposium, we took a bunch of our distributors to dinner at Caspian Persian Restaurant in Irvine. Although our company has hosted events there before, it was my first time there. In the past they've asked other staff members to attend along with our international distributors, but this year I made the list (I was the event photographer).

The belly dancing show was very entertaining. (12/06/2007)
The belly dancing show was very entertaining. (12/06/2007)

Although the restaurant has some great Persian cuisine, it seems to be most known for the belly dancers that perform there. And just as they were brining out my lamb kabob, the belly dancers made their appearance.

This one reminded me of Ryan Starr, but hot. (12/06/2007)
This one reminded me of Ryan Starr, but hot. (12/06/2007)

There were three dancers, one of which I would put in the really hot category. She kind of looked like a hot version of Ryan Starr from the first season of American Idol. She was really cute and bubbly.

One of the Caspian belly dancers. (12/06/2007)
One of the Caspian belly dancers. (12/06/2007)

The second dancer was pretty, but in that Sondra Locke kind of way. Of the three, I would say her dancing was the most elegant and graceful.

This one had great moves. (12/06/2007)
This one had great moves. (12/06/2007)

And then there was the third girl, who was a bit older. She's what some might call a Butter Face (as in "She's got a great bod, but her face..."). As my co-worker Kurt so delicately put it, "she looks like she's been ridden hard and put away wet!" (That phrase always cracks me up). But I have to give her credit — she knew how to move!

If you're close to Irvine, you should check it out sometime. The restaurant is a little expensive, but the show makes it worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, James, I hope they don't ever let you do the marketing for this joint...I can see the ad copy now: ON STAGE NIGHTLY - Sondra Locke, Ryan Starr "but hot" and Butter Face!

Sounds like a stellar line-up, man! =)