Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas Party on Newport Harbor

It's that time of year again. The first week in December is when our company has its annual rep symposium, where our international distributors from across the globe gather at the headquarters office (where I work) for a week of sales and marketing planning meetings, technical trainings, award luncheons, etc. It's also when we hold our company Christmas party, which kicked off the first night of the week.

Our party was on the Icon, a 120-ft. yacht. (12/03/2007)
Our party was on the Icon, a 120-ft. yacht. (12/03/2007)

This year's party was on the Icon, a 120-ft. private yacht that sailed the Newport Harbor for the four hours we were onboard. It was fun! In fact, out of the three Christmas parties since joining the company in 2005, this was by far my favorite.

This despite the fact it was a very long day for me. Tim had to travel on business this week, so I dropped him off at the airport at 5:15 a.m., had to be at work at 7:30 for the opening session, worked until 4:30, drove to Newport Beach for the party at 5:30, and didn't get home again until around 10:30. And to top it off, I had to do a presentation to the entire group the following morning.

James and his friend Nazan. (12/03/2007)
James and his friend Nazan. (12/03/2007)

We had beer and wine, a buffet dinner and then we gave out the company fun awards, which are nominated by fellow employees. And guess who won an award?! Yep. Meet the winner of the "Joe Cool Award". I was awarded that because I always keep my cool even when things go wrong, and I have a great attitude and never badmouth anyone or anything. (Amazing how I have these people fooled!) :)

James and his buddy Walter. (12/03/2007)
James and his buddy Walter. (12/03/2007)

There was karaoke afterward. My boss Dori and I sang a duet: "Bop to the Top" from High School Musical. A little later I wowed everyone with my solo of Tom Jones' "Delilah." There's video of it, but there's not a chance in heck I'm gonna post it here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Joe Cool" my ass! Guess those guys have never seen you shove anyone up against a stone pillar in a parking garage or knock someone's hat off their head on a busy street corner! Man, "Joe Hothead" is more like it...

Would kill to see you and Dori singing "Bop to the top" though! Hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Whew...that Nazan is some kind of dish. Love to see her working the floor at the Caspian...=)