Saturday, September 03, 2005

Why We Haven't Updated the Blog in a Week

A couple of people have written to ask why I haven't updated the blog in over a week. The answer is: Because we haven't really done anything exciting. With me still not working, we've been cutting back on many of our activities, other than the ones that were set up long ago.

The highlight of my day today was when Joe and I trimmed up the olive tree in the front yard. Now that makes for exciting blog reading! Woo-hoo! :)


The olive tree before. (09/02/05)

One interesting observation about being unemployed is that the days go by so much faster. For some reason, at work the time goes by s-l-o-w. But then when you're not working, the day is over before you know it. I start the day with a list of tasks I need to do, and by the end of the day, I'm lucky if I can get through half of it.


The olive tree after. (09/02/05)

The good news is that I've been able to work out more. In fact, I've been to the gym 7 out of the last 10 days, which is like unheard of for me. At the very least, I'm determined to lose some weight during this process. I'll keep you up to date on that front.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you're saying about time moving much faster when you're not working. I don't even know where yesterday went. But, if I was working, that Friday would have dragged on and on and on.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful naked tree!

Anita