Monday, March 12, 2007

A Quick Trip Up North

This past weekend I took a quick four-day trip to the Bay Area to visit my family. It was just me this time, since Tim had other obligations (plus, it's just easier on our dog Simon if somebody stays home).

My best attempt at a family portrait. (03/10/07)
My best attempt at a family portrait. (03/10/07)

I had a few specific events scheduled (which I'll write about separately), but mostly the point of the trip was to spend some quality time with my little sister and brother.

We drove by the house where my family lived from around 1962 until 1976. (03/10/07).
We drove by the house where my family lived from around 1962 until 1976. (03/10/07).

I flew up to Oakland on Friday night. Saturday we had a pretty full schedule (again, I'll cover those separately). On Sunday, I took Anna to the movies for our traditional movie excursion. This week's selection was Bridge to Terabithia, which we both enjoyed. It was a little more mature than the films I usually take her to (Rated PG instead of G, but still not PG-13). She still liked it.

On Monday, I walked her to school, after which my dad and I went to visit my Aunt Nicky and Margaret in San Jose for a little while. We were sad to hear that they had to put the dogs to sleep since the last time we visited.

Big Brother, Stepmom and Little Brother. (03/12/07)
Big Brother, Stepmom and Little Brother. (03/12/07)

We didn't get to stay too long, since we had to get back home to pick Anna up. It was only a half-day due to parent-teacher conferences. Fortunately, Anna's parent-teacher conference was on the day I was there, so I got to sit in on that and see her classroom.

Anna in her classroom. (03/12/07)
Anna in her classroom. (03/12/07)

John Paul was funny. That weekend Malena started putting him in underwear instead of diapers. You could tell he liked the underwear better since he kept changing from one pair to another to another. He was cracking us up.

That night my older brother Robert came over after work (he's working closer to my dad nowadays instead of in Sacramento). I had received a gift card for Applebee's from Tim's parents at Christmas, so that night we went to the Applebee's near my dad's house for dinner.

The plane flew right over Catalina as I returned home. (03/13/07)
The plane flew right over Catalina as I returned home. (03/13/07)

While there, John Paul must have forgotten he was in a public place, because while he was underneath the table, he handed his mother first his shorts, and then his underwear! I don't think he meant it to be funny, but we were laughing our asses off (as Malena quickly rushed to put everything back on). It was a fun way to bring the trip to a close before my flight home the next morning.

No comments: