Monday, March 12, 2007

Disney on Ice at the Cow Palace

I had plenty of events scheduled for this weekend, including Disney on Ice: A Disneyland Adventure. It was at the historic Cow Palace in San Francisco.

The Incredibles get ready to save Disneyland. (03/10/07)
The Incredibles get ready to save Disneyland. (03/10/07)

In its 66-year history, the Cow Palace has hosted basketball, hockey, track & field, roller derby, rodeos and professional wrestling. It has also hosted concerts by countless legendary acts, including the Beatles, the Doors, the Grateful Dead, Elvis Presley, the Who, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, Pearl Jam and Nirvana (and many more).

The famous Cow Palace. (03/10/07)
The famous Cow Palace. (03/10/07)

First and foremost, I thought it would be a lot of fun for Anna and John Paul (and it was). But at the same time, I was also looking forward to going to the Cow Palace again. I hadn't been there since 1984 when I attended a professional wrestling event (yes, I had a phase of my life when I was really into professional wrestling). I don't remember many of the wrestlers I saw, although I do remember that one of them was Mr. Saito.

As a youngster, I also attended the circus at least once there. I'm pretty sure that's the place where I got to ride on the back of an elephant (although I couldn't enjoy it fully since I was worried that my untied shoe would fall off and never be seen again).

Dad, John Paul and Anna wait for Disney on Ice to begin. (03/10/07)
Dad, John Paul and Anna wait for Disney on Ice to begin. (03/10/07)

Okay enough of my historical commentary. Back to Disney on Ice. It was a lot of fun. The basic premise was that the Incredibles went to Disneyland and had all sorts of adventures. Everything was fine until at the end of the first act, when Syndrome took over the park. And it was up to the Incredibles to save Mickey and Minnie and all of Disneyland (which they did at the end ... sorry, didn't mean to spoil the ending).

The finale. (03/10/07)
The finale. (03/10/07)

It was really fun — and a bargain too! Just $10 a ticket for the kids with the McDonald's coupon we had, and $15 for me and my dad (Malena opted to stay at my aunt's house in Pacifica during the show, since she's seven months pregnant, after all). I'd recommend the show to anyone.

No comments: