Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Night at the Roller Derby

For most people, St. Patrick's Day is a day of drinking green beer, eating corned beef & cabbage, and celebrating your Irish pride. But for us, it was a day of women's roller derby, BBQ food and celebrating our white trash pride (or, in my case, my off-white trash pride).

Jarrod, Jason and Tim get ready for the roller derby rumble. (03/17/07)
Jarrod, Jason and Tim get ready for the roller derby rumble. (03/17/07)

Our friends Jason and Jarrod invited us to a roller derby match between the OC Roller Girls and the Angel City Derby Girls. Since neither Tim nor I had ever been to a women's roller derby game before, we couldn't pass this one up. Making it even more appealing was our plan to deck ourselves out in our best white trash duds.

This is the best pic I could get with my Canon Elph. (03/17/07)
This is the best pic I could get with my Canon Elph. (03/17/07)

Tim donned a trucker cap, a flannel outer shirt and a Coors Light t-shirt (that he picked up at Wal-Mart, no less!). For my garb, we went to the Army surplus store where I picked up a "BORDER PATROL" t-shirt and cammo shorts. The boys rounded out the night with Jarrod in sleeveless flannel and a Girls Gone Wild hat, while Jason slipped into his overalls. We looked tight!

During the breaks, we were entertained by an Elvis impersonator. (03/17/07)
During the breaks, we were entertained by an Elvis impersonator. (03/17/07)

After a round of margaritas at the house, we made our way to our favorite BBQ pit: Johnny Rebs. After that, we headed to the Anaheim Hockey Club for the game. It was lots of fun, although sadly, no one questioned our clothes in the least. Oh well.

No comments: