Monday, May 16, 2005

The Happiest Morning on Earth

For years, I've been bugging Tim that I want to open Disneyland someday. As annual pass holders, we go there all the time. Most of the time, however, we don't actually drag our butts to the park until 11am or Noon — and we only live 7.5 miles away!


We had never seen Disneyland Park with so few people. (05/15/05)

So I've had this plan to open Disneyland. Tim didn't believe that I was serious, so he made a wager. Fifty bucks says I wouldn't go through with it. Most of the time, I stay clear of Tim's bets (since I usually lose). But this time I took him on.

So Sunday morning, with Ulysses S. Grant in my mind, I woke up at 6am, showered and then did my best to wake up Tim, which wasn't easy. I told him the other five dwarves were waiting for him (since he was both Sleepy and Grumpy at the moment).


Good thing we rode the rockets before breakfast. (05/15/05)

We were on the road by 7:30 ... just enough time to get to the parking lot by 7:45, on the tram at 7:50 and through the gates at 7:55. The only wrinkle in my plan were the THOUSANDS of people waiting in line in front of us. I had underestimated the power of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary celebration that kicked off earlier this month.

Needless to say, by the time we got in at quarter after 8, I had lost the bet. Damn you, other Disneyland fans!!!

Well, at the very least we had a good time. We got to ride the new Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, the newest ride at the park (it only had a five-minute wait, which is unheard of for a ride that new). While we were there we rode the Astro Orbitor, since I had never seen it where you can just walk on.


My River Belle Terrace breakfast ... so cute you didn't want to eat it. (05/15/05)

Afterward we did something we never had the opportunity to do in our lives: eat breakfast at Disneyland. So we headed over to the River Belle Terrace, which was reportedly Walt's favorite place to have breakfast Sunday mornings.


But I ate it anyway .... (05/15/05)

Afterward we walked around, saw the show at the Enchanted Tiki Room, saw the new film exhibit, Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years which is where Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln used to be. By the time we were done, the place was too crowded, and we were on our merry way to Disney's California Adventure before Noon.

2 comments:

Laura said...

How could you eat such a cute pancake? :-(
Anyway, TAG! You're it... read my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss Disneyland so much! I absolutely love that place and, just to make you jealous, I HAVE opened Disneyland before. Muahahahahaah!

Did they change the Enchanted Tiki Room? It was closed for renovations the last time I was there. I hope they didn't add the Secretary Bird from Lion King and Iago from Aladdin like they did in Florida. But, I tell you, if they ever change It's A Small World (my favorite ride in the whole park), heads will roll I tell you!!!!!