Monday, June 04, 2007

New Baby Brother

Tim and I are big brothers yet again. At 4:42 this morning, my stepmom Malena gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Miguel Angel. All is well with both baby and mother, and am told they will be coming home on Tuesday.

We gave out bubble-gum cigars upon hearing the news. (06/04/07)
We gave out bubble-gum cigars upon hearing the news. (06/04/07)

I don’t have any pictures yet since no one in my family has a digital camera other than me (my Dad’s camera uses this strange technology called film and negatives). They don’t even have one on their phones. Seriously! But as soon as I get one, I’ll post it. In the meantime, you’ll have to settle for a picture of the bubble gum cigars I gave out today at work.

This statue of St. Michael Archangel can be found at the Fontaine Saint-Michel in Paris.
This statue of St. Michael Archangel can be found at the Fontaine Saint-Michel in Paris.

Incidentally, the name “Miguel Angel” is the Spanish version of Michaelangelo. My brother isn’t named after the artist, however, but rather St. Michael the Archangel, who is commonly depicted in art as conquering Satan. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: