Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Admit It ... I Love Where's George.

Okay, I'm coming out of the closet. Again. This time I'm announcing to the world that I love Where's George. Until now, that has been a closely guarded secret because it's kind of geeky.

Yes, I'm a Where's George geek. (06/07)
Yes, I'm a Where's George geek. (06/07)

As you may or may not know, Where's George is an online game of sorts where people stamp or write "Where's George" on their paper money (any denomination will do, it doesn't only have to be $1 bills), spend it as you normally would, and then see if someone re-enters it later.

My Where's George hits by state. (06/07/07)
My Where's George hits by state. Click pic for a larger view. (06/07/07)

I started doing it last January. It took almost three weeks before I got my first hit, but eventually it happened. And today I achieved another milestone: I got my 50th hit! To date, my bills have re-surfaced in five different states, and 14 counties. (The colors on the map indicate the frequency of hits, with red being 25 or more, blue being less than 2 hits, and gray being 0 hits.)

In California, I have hits in nine out of 58 counties. Only 49 to go until I achieve California State County bingo. (A "bingo," by the way, is when you complete a series, whether it be State County Bingo, 50-State Bingo, etc.

My Where's George hits by county. (06/07/07)
My Where's George hits by county. Click pic for a larger view. (06/07/07)

The only bingos I've completed thus far is "Federal Reserve Bank Bingo" which is when you have hits from all 12 Federal Reserve Banks. (I just completed that the other day).

So the next time you see a bill that says "Where's George" ... go to the website and enter it. You will have made someone's day.

No comments: