Friday, February 09, 2007

Married 50 Years And Counting!

Gotta give props to my Uncle Tony and his wife, Tia Socorro, who celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary today. It was on this day in 1957 that they tied the knot in Chicago. Congratulations!

Tia Socorro and Uncle Tony in Manitou Springs, CO. (05/2004)
Tia Socorro and Uncle Tony in Manitou Springs, CO. (05/2004)

My uncle Tony actually goes by the name John Anthony, but my mom always called him Tony, so that's what I grew up calling him. I don't see them very often, since they live in Chicago and they don't come to California very often (nor do I go to Chicago very often). The last time I saw them in person was when they came out to California for my mom's funeral five-and-a-half years ago.

Although I don't see them often, I did call them to wish them a happy anniversary. Congratulations!

P.S. - Thanks cousin Anita for the terrific pic you contributed! :)

No comments: