Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Rockin' Birthday Party for Cass

As I mentioned in my post, A Brief Journey into California History, I had to go to the San Diego Convention Center to set up our company booth for a trade show. Coincidentally, it happened to fall on the same day as Cass' 36th birthday party in Chula Vista. So after a brief stop at the Hotel Del Coronado, I made my way to Cass' party.

The birthday girl and her dad share the stage. (02/03/07)
The birthday girl and her dad share the stage. (02/03/07)

Originally Tim and I were supposed to come to San Diego together. While I was at the convention center, Tim was to hang out with Christine and Cass. But he ended up having to take a project management class that day, so it was just me.

"And it burned, burned, burned ... the ring of fire." (02/03/07)
"And it burned, burned, burned ... the ring of fire." (02/03/07)

From the moment I walked in and saw that they were singing karaoke, I knew it was going to be a fun party! Nothing gets in between me and a karaoke stage!

Our listening audience were on the edge of their seats. (02/03/07)
Our listening audience were on the edge of their seats. (02/03/07)

I don't know how many times I went up there throughout the night, either solo or as a group, but I did a bunch of songs. "Ring of Fire," "Route 66," "L-O-V-E," "Mack the Knife," "Summer Nights," "You're the One that I Want," "Babe," "What a Wonderful World," you name it.

Dana and Aric, with an "A". (02/03/07)
Dana and Aric, with an "A". (02/03/07)

Some of the highlights included Tyrico's "Rapper's Delight," Christine's "Baby Got Back" and the boys singing the Notorious Cherry Bombs' "It's Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night that Chew Your A*s Out All Day Long." The girls even had a response performance, with the lyrics rewritten to say, "It's Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night When You're an A**hole All Day Long!"

But the ultimate performance of the night goes to Christine for doing Styx's "Come Sail Away" in voice of Cartman from South Park. HILARIOUS!!!

Eating one or Rick's famous burgers prepared for me by Dana. (02/03/07)
Eating one or Rick's famous burgers prepared for me by Dana. (02/03/07)

It was also nice seeing Dana, Eric, Jean and the whole gang, whom we don't see nearly enough. Good times! Happy birthday Cass!

2 comments:

Pueblogirl said...

The picture and comment of the audience CRACKED me up!

Laura said...

It was great seeing you there!!

Okay, I wiped my blog and am starting over... so I guess I'm back.