Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Trunk Bay

After our trip to the Annaberg Sugar Mill, we met up with Doris & Jenn at Trunk Bay, which has been voted one of the "Ten Best Beaches in The World" by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and has received similar acclaim from other publications. It is one of the most popular beaches on the island, and the only one that charges admission ($4 a person).


The water was incredibly clear. (06/12/06)

One of Trunk Bay's signature attractions is the underwater trail for snorkeling its coral reef. By the time we got there, Doris and Jenn had already finished their snorkeling adventure, so we were able to use their gear to check it out ourselves.


Great sand too. (06/12/06)

The snorkeling area was fascinating. Tons of little tiny fish everywhere (and some larger fish too). It took me a few minutes to get acclamated to snorkeling again. I had done it in Hawaii and enjoyed it then, but still, it took me a few minutes to overcome the feeling of wanting to panic when a little bit of water would creep into my mask. Fortunately for me, one of the friendly lifeguards gave me some good tips.

Trunk Bay was definitely a highlight of the trip.

No comments: