Friday, October 31, 2008

May the Force be With You This Halloween

I think one of my favorite workdays of the year is Halloween. In the words of Angela Chase, from my favorite TV shows of the '90s, My So-Called Life, Halloween is "the one chance all year to be someone else."

James as Anakin Skywalker. (10/31/2008)
James as Anakin Skywalker. (10/31/2008)

So how was I going to follow up my stints as Coffee Matey and Fidel Castro? Well it turns out the Force was with me when Tom loaned me his Anakin Skywalker costume.

The real Anakin Skywalker
The real Anakin Skywalker

I have to say, the costume doesn't look bad when Tom wears it. But me? The moment I slipped on the tunic and robe, and grabbed the lightsaber, I looked Jedi-tastic!

Enhanced version of James as Anakin Skywalker. (10/31/2008)
Enhanced version of James as Anakin Skywalker. (10/31/2008)

As always, I knocked everyone's socks off at the office where we had our annual Halloween pot luck. Even our graphic artist got in on the fun and used Photoshop to enhance the realism of the costume.

All the costumed people at work. (10/31/2008)
All the costumed people at work. (10/31/2008)

I also wore the costume while handing out candy to the 30 or so kids that stopped by. I had cool moment when a kid dressed as Luke stopped by the door. After I gave him some candy, I said, "May the Force be with you." And just as I was closing the door, I heard him say, "May the Force be with you" back. A true moment of Star Wars geekdom!

Just the men. (10/31/2008)
Just the guys. (10/31/2008)

On a final note, I gotta give mad props to Christine for making such a bad-ass costume. I keep joking around that I've been bragging to everyone that I made it myself, but in reality I've been giving her all the credit. Much Force, she has in her sewing abilities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, dude! Glad to know that my costume got some good use this year...a couple more Halloween wearings and that thing will almost be paid for! Ha!

Seriously though, you look awesome. Love the graphic pic too...wish I'd thought of something like that last time I crossed over to the dark side!! :)

Go, Brown Anakin!