Saturday, May 05, 2007

Anna's First Communion

I went up to the Bay Area the first weekend in May for my sister Anna's First Communion. Although Tim and I aren't exactly churchgoing types, we still support others who do make that choice. And since this was a special day for Anna, I didn't want to miss it.

Anna all decked out for her First Communion. (5/5/07)
Anna all decked out for her First Communion. (5/5/07)

I flew up Friday night. Saturday morning was the actual ceremony, which was fun to watch. I don't remember very much from my own First Communion other than kicking the priest afterward as we were taking pictures. I don't remember why I kicked the priest, but I do remember getting scolded for it.

John Paul and his McDonald's Happy Meal American Idol shades. (5/5/07)
John Paul and his McDonald's Happy Meal American Idol shades. (5/5/07)

To commemorate this event, we got her a stainless steel, heart-shaped jewelry box with rhinestones. We had her name, date and occasion inscribed on the top. We placed a small silver cross necklace inside. She liked it, but not as much as the Bratz dolls one of Malena's friends gave her. :)

Anna's new earrings. (5/5/07)
Anna's new earrings. (5/5/07)

Afterward we had a nice lunch at Mudd's Restaurant, a five-star restaurant situated on a 10-acre garden where they grow many of the herbs and produce that they serve in the restaurant. It was a delightful way to cap the event.

Anna, family friend Luis and John Paul at Mudd's. (5/5/07)
Anna, family friend Luis and John Paul at Mudd's. (5/5/07)

The next day, I took Anna to her first musical: Fiddler on the Roof, which was performed by the church youth group. It wasn't bad for a school production.

No comments: