Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Company Christmas Party 2006

We had our annual company Christmas party this week. It was your typical company event, with lots of good food and drink, presents for the guests, and the long laundry lists of awards. Although I invited Tim, he decided to sit this one out, since he only knows a couple of people I work with (and all of them were the people organizing the party, so they didn't have much time to socialize anyway).

James with manager Dori and Sonia from Venezuela. (12/05/06)
James with manager Dori and Sonia from Venezuela. (12/05/06)

I always enjoy a good Christmas party, since it gives you a chance to socialize with all your co-workers without having to talk about work stuff. Plus, we combine the event with our week-long training symposium for 30+ international sales reps from across the globe.

The reps are always lots of fun. I've always enjoyed getting to know people from other countries. Because many of them come from Latin America and/or Spain, it gives me a chance to practice my crappy Spanish. The other fun thing is that many of these reps bring unique gifts for the company, like a bottle of expensive sake that our Japanese representative brought along.

A really good rice sake. (12/05/06)
A really good rice sake. (12/05/06)

This year we also had karaoke, which was lots of fun. I of course dazzled everyone with one of my karaoke favorites: Orange Colored Sky by Nat King Cole. I also led a group number to Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline.

"Y volver, volver .... vol-ver!" (12/05/06)
"Y volver, volver .... vol-ver!" (12/05/06)

To close the night, all the reps from Latin America and Spain got up and we all sang the mariachi classic: Volver Volver. It was fun.

No comments: